GKGSC Spring Soccer 2022
Recreational soccer is the cornerstone of the Greater King George Soccer Club program. The program provides quality soccer experiences for players, both boys and girls, from U8, U10, 12U and 14U. Anyone, of any ability and level, is welcome to participate. Parents and other volunteers coach the teams to develop players and provide a fun educational environment through scheduled practices and games and there are no tryouts for players to participate.
GKGSC will participate in a local recreational umbrella league in Fredericksburg called the Potomac Rappahannock Soccer League (PRSL) that will provide friendly competition between other Soccer club teams.
• Practices starting on Tuesday March
• Season Games Starts April 3 2022, eight games (4-Home and 4-Away). Season ends with playoff tournament games.
• Coaches and Friends can play on the same team from year to year
• Volunteer coaches will receive assistance from GKGSC coaching staff in order that coaches do not feel alone or have no support.
• The team-structured program will provide great developmental skills and competition experience for the players.
• Twice-a-week practices will allow for other extracurricular activities.
• Travel-Team players are not allowed to participate.
• There are no tryouts - guaranteed playing time .
Birth year registration should be based on the year in which the season ends. For example, if the season begins in the fall of 2021 and ends in the summer of 2022(ex: 2021-22 season), the players would be registered based on their age in the year 2022.
Below are the Age Grouping based on the calendar-year criteria:
8-U Ages 5 - 7/ Players play 5 v 5 Game Format
10-U Ages 7 – 10/ Players play 7 v 7 Game Format
12-U Ages 10 – 12/ Players play 9 v 9 Game Format
14-U Ages 12 – 14/ Players play 11 v 11 or 9 v 9 Game Format
Please review the Age Chart Link on the home page in case you have further questions or email Eddie Ward at [email protected]
* New players will have to purchase a uniform (The cost of uniforms is not included in the Registration Fee)
Cost of Uniform is $23.00
Early Registration is $79.00 From: January 1 - 28, 2022
Regular Registration is $99.00 From: January 29 - February 28, 2022
Late Registration is $115.00 From: March 1 - 25, 2022