FALL REC PLUS SOCCER 2023
Recreational soccer is the cornerstone of the Greater King George Soccer Club program. The program provides quality soccer experiences for players, both boys and girls, from U8, U10, U12, U14, U16 and U18. Anyone, of any ability and level, is welcome to participate. Parents and other volunteers coach the teams to develop players and provide a fun educational environment through scheduled practices and games.
Rec Plus Key Points
• GKGSC Rec Plus will participate in a local recreational umbrella league in Fredericksburg called the Potomac Rappahannock Soccer League that will provide friendly competition between other Soccer club teams such as Lake of the Woods, FFC, Richmond Golden Lions, Hanover Soccer Club and Louisa Soccer Club.
• Season Games Starting TBD eight games (4-Home and 4-Away). Season ends with playoff tournament games.
• Coaches and players can maintain on the same team from year to year
• Volunteer coaches will receive assistance from GKGSC coaching staff in order that coaches do not feel alone or have no support.
• The team-structured program will provide great developmental skills and competition experience for the players.
• Practices start on Tuesday August 15 and will be twice-a-week practices; this will allow time for other extracurricular activities.
• Travel-Team players are not allowed to participate.
• We will be focusing on individual player skill development and the team will be composed of players who want the same goals.
• Is a low cost introduction into a more competitive soccer for those players but may not be ready for a commitment into a Travel Soccer program.
• There are tryouts for certain teams and playing time is not guaranteed with certain teams
• The coaches from other clubs at their discretion will participate in travel tournaments at various times throughout the season
* New players will have to purchase a uniform (The cost of uniforms is not included in the Registration Fee) Cost of Uniform is $40.00
Birth year registration should be based on the year in which the season ends. For example, if the season begins in the fall of 2023 and ends in the summer of 2024 (ex: 2022-23 season), the players would be registered based on their age in the year 2024.
Below are the Age Grouping based on the calendar-year criteria:
8-U Ages 7– 8/ Birth Year 2016 - 2017: Players play 5 v 5 Game Format ( includes goalie)
10-U Ages 9 – 10/ Birth Year 2014 - 2015: Players play 7 v 7 Game Format
12-U Ages 10 – 12/ Birth Year 2012 -2013: Players play 9 v 9 Game Format
14-U Ages 12 – 14/ Birth Year 2010 - 2011: Players play 11 v 11 Game Format
16-U Ages 15 – 16/ Birth Year 2008 - 2009: Players play 11 v 11 Game Format
18-U Ages 17 – 18/ Birth Year 2006 - 2007: Players play 11 v 11 Game Format
Please review the Age Chart Link on the home page in case you have further questions or email Eddie Ward at [email protected]